Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Weight Watchers Meeting



So, I went to a Weight Watchers meeting tonight.   You can attend a meeting for free.  You dont have to sign up just show up.  You can find the times and places listed on their website.

I stood in line with everyone and they all got weighed one by one one on one.  NO one sees what your weight it, it is kept confidential.  Then you can either leave or stay for the meeting.  The meeting is a group discussion and you can participate or just listen.  The people in my meeting gave me tons of hope that this program works.  And works with real food not food that you have to purchase.

Once you sign up they give you a total daily points that you can eat.  The points you are awarded are personal to yourself based on your age, height, and weight.  You also get an extra 49 points a week in case you need to cheat a little.  Every food has a point system that is awarded and you add them all together and try to stay at the total number of your daily allotted points. Fresh fruits and veggies are 0 points!  Yes you read that correctly 0 points!  So you could eat them all day long if you wanted.  There are two meetings a week near me, one right at the end of our street and one that is on the main street in town.  And they are different days and times.  They also have one in a town over.  So I have lots of options.  They say you should try out more than one meeting spot so that you can find the right fit for you, based on personalities and how the groups interacts with each other.

The mentors are all members of Weight Watcher and have been through the struggles of weight loss themselves, so its not just random skinny people who been employed and paid to tell you what you want to hear.  The best part of it was that the mentor gave me a form and said that if I would like to sign up I could and if not, then to just hand the empty form in at the end of the meeting.  She didnt pressure me at all and she didnt have a sales pitch!  She said I could also sign up online if I wanted and then come in and she would get me started!  So I dont think they work on commission!

She did warn that the meetings would become very busy starting January through Feburary because of the New Years Resolution things but after awhile it would calm down to the regulars that stick with it.

They have 3 price packages on their website that you can check out.  And they also have a program on their website where you can imput a family recipe and it will tell you substitutions that you can try to make it healthier or they can break down how many points and what serving size you need.

I am impressed.  Scared that I will try and fail.  But I am going to to it.  I will be signing up on Monday!
Photobucket

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...