Friday, January 14, 2011

Is Weight Watchers A Diet?



In a word...NO.  Weight Watcher is not a diet, unless you treat it like one.  Of course you could totally make it a diet, but we all know that diets absolutely do not work.

Weight Watchers is a lifestyle change.  Period.  End of story.

Well not quite, it is a community of people, men and women, wanting more.  Weight Watchers is learning, helping, receiving help, support, nutrition, and treats.

There is not a day that has not gone by on my new Weight Watchers plan when I havent had at least one, most days two, Weight Watchers Giant Chocolate Ice Cream bars (they are soooo good!)  and at only 3 points each I can!

Weight Watchers is portion size, learning how to measure it and then waiting after you eat that portion to see if you really need more.  And if you are still hungry adding something different, "a power food", that will fill you up and leave you satisfied for a long period of time.

I dont know why I am trying to convince you, besides the fact that there is one person I know who keeps trying to be helpful by giving me tips on "diet" foods and congratulating me for giving up things I love to eat.  Which is driving me up the wall!

I have not given up anything that I didnt already want to give up.  We are saving sooo much money eating at home instead buying the fast food crap that makes you hungry later and feeling bloating.

Weight Watchers doesn't make extravagant claims that you will lose 10 pounds in a week, in fact they tell you that will most likely not happen.  And it's not healthy.  Think about it this way, if you lose 1-2 pounds per week the skin that is surrounding all of your fat has time to shrink with you.  Hopefully leaving you with less flab in the end.


*Of course these are my opinions.  I am not a Weight Watchers representative.  I just want to express what this plan is doing for me.
Photobucket

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...