- 1 loaf Naan bread (you can find this in the bread aisle, they are like pita bread but slightly larger and they don't open)
- 1lb of ground chicken (or any other meat topping)
- 1-2 tbsp of basil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of chives
- 1/2 cup Dandelion pasta sauce (we find this in our grocer's organic section (or you can use pizza sauce))
- 1/2 cup of 6 Italian cheese, shredded (or any shredded cheese)
- Olive oil cooking spray
1. Cook ground chicken on the stove. Once cooked add the basil and garlic and turn it down to medium low for about 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the stove and place on a plate.
2. Spray both sides of a naan loaf with olive oil. Place in the skillet on medium low for 2 minutes. Flip the naan over and add the dandelion sauce, then cheese, then chicken (about a handful), and finally the chives (not all of the chives, just as many as you want).
3. Heat on medium low for about 3 minutes, keeping an eye on the bottom of the naan so that it does not burn. Cut in half and serve!
Each naan is two servings.
You will have extra ingredients left over so throw on some more naans for the rest of the family! Or you can put the chicken, chives and bottle of sauce in the fridge and the next day you will be able to make up a quick and easy lunch!
*My husband says that this is by far the best food he has ever put in his mouth!