Saturday, February 5, 2011

Non Scale Victory


I had a non scale victory today! A non scale victory is a victory that has nothing to do with the scale.  Today I had to go with one of my really good friends to the bridal store to try on a bridesmaid dress for her wedding in October.  I was supportive of her, she was getting really nervous about getting things checked off her list for the wedding but at the same time I was super nervous.  I have felt pretty positive about my journey since I started Weight Watchers and I was really afraid that I was going to end up in tears by the end of the day. 

I was afraid there was not going to be a dress big enough for me to try on.  When K, one of the other bridesmaid, and I entered the store I went right for the largest size which was a 26 and I also grabbed a size 24 thinking that it wasn't possible that is would fit.  When N, the bride, finally made it into the store she told our helper, Stacy, the model number of a dress that her maid of honor tried on.  Stacy brought a size 20 in the dress for me to try on.  I took her aside and asked her how she thought it would fit my body before I actually went into the dressing room.

I wanted to be prepared for it not fitting but Stacy said she was a really good judge on sizes and thought it would fit.  So K went in to put on her size 2 and came out looking perfect.  I slide in behind her while she was talking to N and prepared for a struggle.  Not only did I get the dress on, but K was able to get it zipped up about half way and buckled at the top!  Woot! Woot! 

Because the wedding is not for another 9 months I ordered a size 18 and they said it could be altered down 2 sizes!  How fantastic is that!?  Just the thought of me needing it altered down 2 sizes thrills me!  I haven't worn anything under a size 20 in about 3 years!

Photobucket

Bookmark and Share

2 COMMENTS:


Jeannette said...
That's awesome! I'm not sure if you are aware... but bridal boutique dresses run large. If you fit into a size 20 there, it is likely you are closer to a size 18. :)
Hyla said...
Woot! Woot! I can live with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...