Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dinner Time



So tonight I made Scalloped Potatoes and Ham.  It took me about 30 minutes to make and 1 hour to cook.  Hubby has not tried it yet.  It is in the oven on warm for when he gets home from work after 7pm.  However I had some and I didn't like it.  Although I have never had scalloped potatoes and ham before so maybe it's just a dish I don't like.  It could be the fact that I didnt have a quart pan so I spread it out in a 9X13 inch pan.  It could be that the recipe said to leave the pan uncovered and I covered it.  Who knows?  All I know is that this dinner was not for me.

Instead I cooked up 4 pancakes and 2 scrambled to eggs.  All while the kids spilled water and threw things at each other.  And my youngest tugged and whined at my pants.  It was very stressful seeing as I was starving and everyone else was eating except for me.  Low blood sugar has a very bad effect on my mood and attitude towards others.  So I turned on the kitchen stereo and started singing while I was cooking and slowing the stress began melting away.  It wasn't completely gone but it helped me not think about how much my stomach was growling.

So dinner didn't turn out quite how I had planned, however I stayed within my daily points and I love pancakes!
Photobucket

Bookmark and Share

1 COMMENTS:


Need to Get ME Back said...
Nice blog! I'm a new follower, doing WW too. I look forward to reading more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...