Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recovery


I woke up feeling like I got hit by a mack truck.  You know Im recovery from gallbladder surgery, if you been following my posts you also know I am suffering from my monthly and last night I started hacking with my kids and hubbys cold...how nice...isn't it?

So now Im back to feeling queasy but this time from the mucus.  It's very uncomfortable to cough when you know you have staples in your stomach.  Have I mentioned that I still have not showered yet? (tmi, sorry)


I am so very tired. I want a shower so bad.  Hubby and  I started taking off the pressure dressing last night so that I could shower but the yellow bandage tape underneath, that is supposed to stay on over the staples, started coming off with it.  Hubby got one look at the staples and got a quesy look on his face which made me feel sick to my stomach and faint.

So using medical tape we had in our first aid kit we taped everything back up and called the on call to see what we should do.  The doctor that called back, someone I am not familiar with, said we could go ahead and remove the dressing and I could shower.  That I would need to redress them after the shower.

Well we didnt have anymore medical tape so that idea did not come to fruition.  Now I am waiting for hubby to go to the store.  This is so exhausting.  I don't know if I will be back in shape to go to class on Monday or Tuesday.

I got on the scale this morning and my weight went up, right now I am really not caring though.
Photobucket
TAGS: gallbladder surgery, what to expect, afterwards

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...